Thursday, April 3, 2014

RING THAT BELL!

Hey there! Lizzy with you today to show you a little wall plaque I made for outside our back door...to prompt visitors to ring our bell! I'd previously added some words, but they'd faded away....
 First I went through the lovely papers Marivic sent me...
 Next, I sanded back the surface of the wood, then I applied some gesso.
 
I applied my background paper, using some Gel Medium.
 And then the fussy cut image...
Gel Medium is brill for gluing, sealing, thinning down paint...just all round useful to have:)
To give an aged appearance, I sanded back the edges & roughed up the surface a little as well:

Applied some VERY old alphabet stickers & decided this chippy arrow would work perfectly....so I added my Lindy's Stamp Gang ink from the Zeus & Zoe store:
It has a YUMMY shimmer!
Using an eye dropper, I've added a few splats with the ink - the higher you hold the dropper away, the bigger the splats:) I also blow on them - the harder you blow, the more they spread!!
I added some cute metal butterflies that were in my Zeus & Zoe kit, then rubbed some distress ink around the edges...
And here it is - FINISHED....you can see I've also outlined around the words & the arrow, too:
 And this is my little plaque at our back door....works a treat:):)
Thanks for looking ~ I hope this has got you thinking about how Off The Page projects can be useful:)
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

6 comments:

Suman Pandit said...

Love the look of this Lizzy !!

Lizzyc said...

Fabulous Lizzy!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is just amazing!! I loveeeeeeeeee it!!!!!!!

sandi said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE the new look! FABULOUS!!!!! Nice vintage feel to it!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

How fun is that?! So clever!!!

Fiona Paltridge Designs said...

What a perfect little sign. Love it xx