Monday, April 28, 2014

A BIRTHDAY BOOK!

Hey there, my scrappy friends:) Lizzy with you today ~ I've got another Off The Page project - & my mate Sandra will be happy to know, it's also USEFUL!!
It's my version of a Birthday Book - a place to not only record birthdays, but a place to hold those cards I've made for them, as well:)
Here's what I mean:
And here's what this started out in life as:
After covering with gesso, I added some ripped up paper to give some bulk, texture & 'tooth' to the plastic folder cover....on the insides I've used some gold paint to cover the red, & left it plain. On the back cover I added some of the papers I got in my Zeus & Zoe store kit, along with this fun woodgrain washi that's peeping out of the top, also from the store.
For the front cover, I randomly ripped up some LOVELY 'Hershey's' vintage paper, then applied it using Gel Medium.
I 'softened' the edges with some more gesso, then added some gold mica flakes through a mask...
Lovely, lovely glitter!!! Then came some stamping - I thought some numbers were appropriate for a birthday book! For behind the title I added some plasterer's tape & some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist [also in my Shop kit]:

Under the title I added a 'ripped' lady & placed her over the tape.....she seemed to 'fit' - I used a bit of gold paint to smear around the edges, so she sort of 'faded' into the whole cover. Here it is all finished:
This is FLAT mixed media work, as the book is really thick anyways, with the cards it holds - I was really, really happy with how it turned out!
 I hope you enjoyed taking a peek at this - & it might just give you an idea for your own 'birthday book'!!!
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

8 comments:

Helen Wallace said...

A wonderful recycled project Lizzy. Just the thing for those of us who are organized ahead of time with birthday cards. I think you may have inspired me to to do likewise :D

Heather McMahon said...

What a great idea Lizzy! I love that you can hold the cards in there as well. That cover is fab!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh I love love love this Lizzy!!! LOVING the vintage feel to it!!!!!!

Lizzyc said...

Wow what a transformation!! From song book to birthday book.. I love the older style images on the papers you ripped, and love the texture from the tape too.. brilliant book Lizzy!! and so useful too!!

SD pooja said...

Ohh Wow !! I loved it..n specially how you have used ripped vintage pps all over ..Its just FABULOUS !!

Lynnda said...

Loving the transformation Lizzy!! So beautiful .. You rock as always ... Hugs x

Dolly B said...

What a fabulous idea. Love the gold mica through the stencil and your lady. You know I love a bit of vintage and this is wonderfully Shabby Chic Vintage
Mary

Unknown said...

Great job Lizzy! Really love this one. Love how you integrated all the elements. Thank you!!