Tuesday, January 28, 2014

"Don't Believe the Lie" Mixed Media Canvas

Hello everyone!

This is a bittersweet day for me. Unfortunately this is my last project as Zeus & Zoe DT member. This has been a great experience and one that I would truly cherish. Thank you so much Marivic for believing in my talents, you truly are an amazing person.

Okay enough of the mushy stuff (wink) Lets get on with the project share.

So one day I was feeling very down and defeated. A lot of negative thoughts and emotions were going through my head and I was trying to figure out a way to kick that feeling so I decided to create intuitively. I got a bunch of chipboard letters/thickers  and spelled out all the "lies" I was thinking about myself. Then I wanted to turn it into something positive so I spelled out "Don't Believe the Lie".  I wanted this canvas to be sort of like a crossword puzzle meets scrabble. So I made the word "LIE" in BeLIEve large.  I wanted the words to be scattered around the canvas and certain letters in certain words to merge to form separate words.  At the bottom of the canvas I put an uplifting quote "Blinded by the lies of this world, Enlightened by the truth of God's Word" "Your attitude determines your direction" then I concluded by adding a Tim Holtz tag that states "Encourage your hopes not your fears" .  I love how this turned out, and now when those lies try to creep into my thoughts I have something I can look at to remind me not to BeLIEve the lie.











I hope I was able to inspire you all during my term and I thank you for taking the time to read my posts. Now its time to say goodbye!

Muah,

Madame Ro

2 comments:

Monica said...

Outstanding. Way to go out with a bang!!!! Love it.

Unknown said...

Thank you Rochelle! You're amazing and so talented. So glad to have met you!