Friday, November 15, 2013

Vintage Hat Box by Jen Waugh



Hi everyone and welcome to my first post for November. 

We have free play this month so this means we get to make what we want using our Zeus and Zoe products. Marivic sent me a gorgeous hat box with my DT pack. I decided for my first project to alter it a bit. Being a lover of all things vintage, the images and embellishments from my pack were perfect.


I used the beautiful vintage, Love post card from my pack to embellish the side, I added some pearl and paper flowers to make it stand out. The little button is from my own stash and is Prima. I made some ribbon flowers, my first attempt and I was pleased with how they turned out.


The pretty fabric flowers were cream when they arrived in my pack. I wanted to make them blend into the image better, a quick spray with some mist anfd they turned out a pale pink. I added a hat pin that I made myself and a peacock feather. 



I cut up my Dusty Attic and added it to the edges. They were sprayed with some mist first and I used gold Run n Buff to add some interest to small areas.


The doily and vintage brooch were also included in my DT pack. Aren't they beautiful?


I love this vintage image that was included in my pack. 


Thanks for joining me, I hope that you liked my vintage hat box.   Check out the Zeus and Zoe Etsy shop to have a look through all Marivic's products. Would love to see what you create with them :-)

Until next time, Jen xxx









4 comments:

Tanvi said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!

Elisabeth Sarkis said...

Gorgeous!!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow!!! Jennifer this is so pretty!!!
Gorgeous colours and gorgeous embellies too!! Stunning!! ox

Unknown said...

So pretty! I am so in love with this!