Wednesday, November 27, 2013

~~ Smiles ~~ a LO by Patrica Basson

Hello Zeus and Zoe friends...

Today's post is bitter sweet for me as it will be my last one as a member of Zeus and Zoe...I would love to thank Marivic and the ZZ team for having me on-board these past few months! I have had to think out of my comfort box a few times to showcase items from my Design Team package resulting in some interesting off the page items! It was such a joy to work with some amazing vintage products. I will be keeping a close watch on what the remaining and new team will be creating and wish them one and all the very best for the future!!!



This page of my son Francois, was made with papers that came in my kit...I used a sheet as background, after slapping some medium onto it and also used the amazing book pages that I received...They, together with the vintage post cards must have been the highlight of my package for me...I used them as the strips, matting and also cut the Pediments with them.



The words 'Smiles and Happiness' as well as the Die-cut paper Rosettes, come from one of the patterned papers from my kit as do the brown flower, 'believe' and the jewel embellishment.



What I loved most about the book pages was that they were naturally aged and distressed! Apart from the little bit of black stamping, I did not add any colour to it, it's all 'natural'!



To add some extra texture to the page, I first used a stencil and Picket Fence Distress Stain to create the first layer of paints...after drying it I used another stencil and texture paste. Leaving the stencil in place, I sprayed over the texture paste with Lindy's Stampgang Starburst spray, Screaming Banshee Black which has a beautiful Blue undertone...I used the residue on the stencil on various areas of the background as well! I did some stamping with Black Soot Distress Paint...I prefers using Distress Paint for it gives a good coverage and after drying, does not smear should you use more wet medium on the page.



This then is it for me...I hope that in a small way I may have encouraged you to visit the Zeus and Zoe Etsy shop and have Marivic custom design a package for you...

Patricia Basson saying Goodbey with these words...

Don't be dismayed at goodbyes.
  A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.  
And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, 
is certain for those who are friends. 
~Richard Bach~

2 comments:

Monica said...

gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Thank you Patrica! I love this page..You are amazing! Thanks for being a part of the team!