Monday, June 17, 2013

Mixed media on a miniature bottle...by Yvonne Yam


I love these miniature alcohol bottles you get on the plane...they are so fun to upcycle and make pretty decor for your desk.


I started by scrunching some Donna Salazer Designs crepe paper and adhering to the bottle. The I added some gold and bronze paint with my fingers. When that dried, I added some Golden glass bead gel for even more texture.


Then I added some washi tape and Golden gold mica flakes. And finished off with a gold button from the Zeus and Zoe store.

Now I'm off to make more of these mixed media bottles to pretty up my desk! Cheers, Yvonne.


8 comments:

Riikka Kovasin said...

So original! Really cool!

Dana Tatar said...

Super cool idea Yvonne!

Lizzy Hill said...

This is even nicer than the last one, if that's possible!!!! LOVE the gold flakes:):):)

Sandie said...

Love this idea, certainly turns a boring bottle into something special.. really pretty Yvonne.

Unknown said...

wonderful idea:) surely gonna try!

Denise van Deventer said...

Really a cool idea Yvonne...super!

Norma Gomez said...

Fabulous project Yvonne, I love how creative all your projects are :D

Unknown said...

I love the texture of this bottle...Well done Yvonne!! Beautiful! Thanks!